Central&Eastern Europe GIC 2016
About the Global Impact Competition
One of Singularity University’s methods to achieve impact in the world is through Global Impact Competitions. These competitions take place all over the world and applicants compete for the prize of attending the 10 week Global Solutions Program
with their tuition fully covered. The competitions acts as a platform to identify outstanding entrepreneurs, leaders, scientists and engineers who propose the most innovative project to positively impact one million people in their country or region in the next 3 years.
Sponsorship to the Global Solutions Program 2016 at Singularity University, located at NASA Research Park in Silicon Valley, California worth 30,000 USD. Additional prizes may also be awarded for the implementation and incubation of certain projects.
Register for the Finals
- Must have the ability to improve the standard of living by any means of 1 million people in the next 3 years, in the CEE region through the use of technology!
- Must use Exponential Technologies such as artificial intelligence, biotechnology, nanotechnology, robotics, networks, computing, etc.
- Must be dealing with one global grand challenges: Education, Energy, Environment, Food, Health, Poverty, Security, Water.
- Must have Scalable & Sustainable Economics.
- Must have a Competitive Concept of Operations.
- Must be resident in one of the following countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
- Must be age 21 or older on the first day of the Global Solutions Program.
- Must be able to attend the entire 10-week Global Solutions Program (June 18 – August 28, 2016).
- Must meet all GSP application requirements, including fluency in written and spoken English.
for application tips!
- Deadline for application: 20th March, 2016 23.59 CET
- Finalists selection: 25th March, 2016
- Finals: 14th April, 2016 in Budapest, Hungary.
How to Apply
- Click the Apply button
- Complete signup process and submit the application form
- As part of the application, you are required to upload a 2-minute video (see below)
About Video accompanying the application
To complete your application process, you will need to submit a link to a maximum 2-minute video presentation of your project, with the following suggested structure:
- 1 minute explaining the problem area and demonstrating your solution
- 30 seconds on the Team and/or You
- 30 seconds on how Singularity University will help you have an impact