Sky Go is one of the most well-known streaming services available in the UK.
The service currently isn’t available yet via Fire TV Stick. Fire TV Stick, which is a major inconvenience for those who utilize Amazon’s convenient streaming device and also have an Sky Go subscription.
This article will discuss the various options you have for installing Sky Go on Firestick.
What is Sky Go?
Sky Go is Sky Group’s streaming service, which offers its customers the option of on-demand and live content that includes films, TV shows, and sports, regardless of the location they’re.
The service is available only in Ireland as well as the UK.
Is Sky Go free?
Sky Go is only free for people who already have an existing Sky TV package subscription.
There’s a limitation of two devices for Sky Go which can be extended by purchasing an Sky Go Extra subscription for up to four devices that includes gaming consoles such as Playstation or Xbox.
What are you able to see with Sky Go?
Within the Sky Go app, you’ll see more than 70 of the live channel in HTML2from diverse genres, like News sports Documentaries, Kids and much more. However, this will most likely depending on the Sky TV subscription package that you’re using.
The app also lets you download content to be viewed offline and replaying.
Can you get Sky Go on Firestick in the UK?
At present for now, Sky Go currently is not available on Firestick. Sky Go app is not available on Firestick. The app is accessible on iOS as well as Android devices and PC as well as Mac computers.
There are a few methods you can use to download Sky Go to work on Firestick by yourself.
How to get Sky Go on Firestick?
To download (and in essence, to install Sky Go on Firestick) the application, you’ll have to enable the “Unknown Source” feature to the Firestick.
To enable “Unknown Sources” for Firestick:
- Start the Settings menu by clicking on your homescreen.
- Head to ‘My Fire TV’.
- Select ‘Developer Options’.
- Choose “Apps from Unknown Sources”.
- Verify that you have enabled the ‘Unknown Sources By selecting “Turn On”.
How To Install Sky Go on Firestick Using The Downloader App
One method to test to try installing Sky Go on Amazon’s Firestick device is via The Downloader app.
You can get the step-by-step instructions of how you can download Downloader app on this.
Once you have downloaded and install the application:
- Download the application.
- Look for the search box located on the homepage.
- Enter ‘https://bit.ly/2MJIcba’ and click ‘Go’.
- Get the APK file to install the app.
- Click ‘Install’ when the download has completed.
If it’s successful it will be possible to access Sky Go in the library of apps. Sky Go app in the Firestick application library.
How To Install Sky Go on Firestick Using Es File Explorer
Another method to install Sky Go on Firestick is to install it via ES File Explorer. Sky Go app on Firestick is to use ES File Explorer.
For downloading and installing the ES File Explorer:
- Visit the home page of the Firestick app and choose the ‘Find’ option.
- Select the “Search” option.
- Type in ‘Es File Explorer’.
- Download the ES File Explorer.
After the is installed :
- Start Es File Explorer. Es File Explorer app.
- Choose the ‘Tools’ section on the left.
- Choose the Downloader option and click on the+” or ‘New.
- Enter ‘https://bit.ly/2MJIcba’ in the dialogue prompt box that pops up.
Click on Download and after that, click ‘Install’ when the download is complete.
How To Install Sky Go on Firestick Using Aptoide TV
Aptoide can be described as an alternative store application which you can use for downloading Sky Go on Firestick and numerous other apps for free.
For installing Sky Go through the Aptoide TV application, you need to:
- Launch the Aptoide application.
- Enter ‘Sky Go app’ into your search box.
- Locate Sky Go in the results of the search and then select the option.
- Click “Download” and then install the application after it has finished downloading.
After the installation is complete it will send you an email confirming that Sky Go has been installed. Sky Go app is in the library of apps.
How To Download Sky Go on Firestick Using Apps2Fire
Another alternative store for apps which allows your Firestick to connect to Sky Go is the App2Fire app. It allows you to download any app that you downloaded on the app store on your Android device and then upload it onto your Firestick.
To download Firestick via App2Fire:
- Download the Apps2Fire app to your phone.
- Start the Setup menu.
- When you find the dialogue box for the ‘IP Address input, type in your Firestick IP address. (NOTE to find how to find your Firestick IP address you must open your Firestick ‘ Settings menu , then about > Network. Your IP address should appear here.)
- Set the setting, then open Sky Go, open the Sky Go app, and transfer onto the address IP of the Firestick.
How To Cast Sky Go on a Firestick?
One of the easiest ways to access Sky Go via Firestick is to display mirror content via the mobile device.
In order to do this you’ll need to:
- Make sure you have the Firestick linked to the Internet.
- Start Sky Go on your phone. Sky Go app on your smartphone.
- Within the Control Panel menu, select the Screen Mirroring or ‘AirPlay’ option.
- Connect your mobile to the Firestick device.
NOTE The reason for this is that Sky Go is not supported on Amazon Fire Stick devices as of yet, these strategies may work, but there is no guarantee to work.
Things To Try If Sky Go Is Not Working On Your Firestick
While a number of applications can help you to sideload Sky Go on Fire Stick Certain issues could result in the Firestick to fail. Here are some suggestions you can do to ensure that your Firestick functions correctly:
- Clear cache memory The Firestick saves information in the background. the more you utilize it and the more data it will be able to save. This could make your device unstable and vulnerable to errors and crashes.
- Reset factory A factory reset will eliminate cache memory that is not needed and also reset all other settings to their defaults.
- Make sure you are using the latest application Version A software that’s not up-to-date is known to be prone to fail. It’s the reason why you should ensure you’re running the most recent Sky Go app version.
Sky Go is a great streaming service that allows users access to a variety of TV shows, films and live sporting events. Sky Go on Firestick may not be available by the Amazon device, but there are apps that will assist you in downloading it to the portable device- after you have sideloaded the Firestick.